The Insider Picks group writes about stuff we predict you will like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the income out of your buy.
If you are an entrepreneur, an innovator, a startup creator — in different phrases, a founder — there is a distinctive and unique program that you simply is likely to be enthusiastic about becoming a member of. Beyond private benefits, it can present direct, tangible benefits to the enterprise or undertaking that you simply’re attempting to develop.
FoundersCard is a non-public membership membership for — properly, founders — designed to supply members with numerous elite statuses, VIP therapy, and prime benefits. In addition, FoundersCard fosters an formidable, social neighborhood of equally pushed individuals from completely different industries, serving to to facilitate networking alternatives, connections, and extra.
Despite its identify, the FoundersCard is not a bank card and does not contain transactions, which signifies that anybody can apply, no matter what nation they’re from.
FoundersCard was based in 2009 by Eric Kuhn, a brand new Austin-based enterprise for a veteran entrepreneur of the 1990s and early-2000s. While the card initially grew its community and choices slowly — and had a number of early bumps in the street— it’s made leaps and bounds over the previous few years as a company. Since working into a number of points in its early years, it has bolstered its membership, and made connections with a variety of journey, life-style, and enterprise companies firms.
If FoundersCard feels like one thing that may very well be helpful to you, learn on to study extra about how it works — and to benefit from a reduced price of $395 per yr (in comparison with the regular $595) with a waived initiation price (normally $95). This price is a particular unique for Business Insider readers who apply by means of this web page.
How it works
To be a part of FoundersCard, it’s important to full an utility — as a result of the group is designed to be unique and particularly curated to be helpful and pleasing for members, everybody is not all the time accepted. The course of is pretty subjective,
You can apply for a preview membership to get a greater sense of which benefits are presently energetic. From there (or straight away, if you happen to do not care about the preview), you’ll be able to fill out the full utility. You need to enter your private particulars, together with your organization identify and your title — FoundersCard is open to individuals aside from strictly firm founders — in addition to your contact and billing data. If you are accepted, your cost technique might be charged the first yr’s annual dues — $395, with FoundersCard’s unique provide for Business Insider readers, or $595 with out — and a one-time $95 initiation price — waived for Business Insider readers.
Benefits of FoundersCard membership
FoundersCard offers a variety of benefits that may be loosely damaged into three classes: financial savings and discounts, VIP therapy and perks, and unique occasions.
FoundersCard hosts an ongoing collection of networking occasions in cities with excessive concentrations of members — because of enterprise journey, although, there are typically completely different individuals and new faces at these mixers, even if you happen to go to 2 in a row in the identical metropolis. Usually with 100-200 members, the networking occasions provide attendees a possibility to mingle, make connections, and share expertise with members from a large spectrum of industries.
Other benefits have a tendency to alter as promotions develop into energetic, issues develop into accessible, or FoundersCard negotiates a brand new partnership or enchancment to an present one, so it’s troublesome to share a complete image of what membership entails. There are additionally a ton of various benefits — this can be a deliberate transfer to attraction to the widest doable cross-section of member, in order that there are interesting issues to many alternative individuals.
The following are examples of some perks accessible at the time of publication. FoundersCard supplied Business Insider with a short lived energetic account so as to entry the full benefits portal.
Airline discounts and elite/VIP perks, together with:
- Cathay Pacific offers 5-25% off flights, in addition to a complimentary improve to Silver elite standing. That standing contains precedence check-in, complimentary advance seat reservations, entry to enterprise class lounges whereas touring on the airline in any class, and an additional baggage allowance. The standing is legitimate for a yr, after which you will have to re-qualify by means of regular strategies.
- British Airways offers FoundersCard members as much as 10% off most round-trip fares between the US or Canada and the UK.
- Alaska Airlines offers 5% off fares inside the Continental US, Hawaii, and Canada.
- JetBlue options most well-liked flat fares for Mint (enterprise class) transcontinental flights, plus as much as 5% off coach and enterprise class tickets. Mint fares are as little as $800.
- American Airlines offers a altering checklist of benefits, together with additional frequent flyer miles, elite qualifying factors, or the alternative to obtain complimentary Platinum standing for 3 months, with the probability to maintain it by flying a sure required quantity inside three months.
- Qantas, the Australian flag service, offers a whopping 10-25% off flights from the US to Australia or New Zealand.
- Emirates offers 5-10% off US originating fares. The airline serves greater than 125 locations round the world, and offers notably helpful routing for these touring from the US to the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
- Singapore Airlines discounts US originating flights as much as 5%.
- JetSmarter, a service that helps members discover accessible seats on non-public and chartered flights as a substitute for flying business — however for a less expensive price ticket than flying non-public usually carries — offers FoundersCard members a free three-month trial.
Rental automobile and chauffeur service discounts and elite statuses, together with:
- Complimentary Preferred Plus membership at Avis, and as much as 25% off leases.
- Platinum membership at 15% off leases at Sixt Rent a Car.
- 20% off all Silvercar reservations — the founding father of Silvercar is a FoundersCard member.
- Credits and discounts with main automobile companies together with GroundLink, EmpireCLS, Carey, and Getaround.
Exclusive FoundersCard charges, elite statuses, and perks at numerous inns manufacturers, together with:
- Park Hyatt
- The Standard
- Mandarin Oriental
- Omni Hotels & Resorts, and extra.
Lifestyle and retail discounts, together with:
- Discounts once you purchase or lease a brand new Audi.
- 20% off at John Varvatos.
- Up to $10,000 off once you purchase or lease a brand new BMW.
- A complimentary $100 credit score at Trunk Club— the founder and CEO of the firm is a FoundersCard member.
- Complimentary Diamond Total Rewards standing at Caesars resorts and casinos, plus 20% off most rooms.
- 20% off at 1-800-Flowers.
- 15% off headphones, audio system, and extra from Bang & Olufsen.
- Discounts at different retailers together with Adidas, Reebok, Indochino, Rent The Runway, Cole Haan, Tommy John, Todd Snyder, and Jonathan Adler, and extra.
- Discounts or credit at gyms, health studios, and wellness facilities, together with Equinox, Crunch, SoulCycle, Bliss Spa, Peloton, CorePower Yoga, and extra.
Business discounts, together with:
- 15% off voice and information plans with AT&T Wireless.
- Up to 47% off UPS.
- Up to 50% off Dell computer systems.
- 20% off enterprise card and stationary orders from MOO — the firm’s CEO is a FoundersCard member.
- A free yr of service from the Phone.com digital workplace service.
- A flat 20% low cost off merchandise and companies from LegalZoom.
- Loyalty pricing at Apple.
- 40% off Lenovo computer systems.
- 25% off courses at General Assembly — considered one of the co-founders is a FoundersCard member.
This is much from a conclusive checklist. FoundersCard has lots of of benefits, discounts, and offers accessible, and can provide sufficient worth to outweigh the annual price even if you happen to’re a sole proprietor simply getting your thought off the floor, and even a person who can benefit from the retail and health club discounts.
If your small enterprise has grown a bit, although, you may get great worth from discounts on delivery, IT companies and gear, journey, and extra.
Between that, and the alternative to community with like-minded and equally targeted entrepreneurs, FoundersCard presents a novel and doubtlessly invaluable alternative — whether or not it’s worth the $395 annual price (with the Business Insider low cost) will depend on you.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.