Eastlake residents voice concern about healthcare company for proposed facility

CHULA VISTA, Calif. — Residents in Chula Vista have been vocal about not agreeing with the situation of a proposed psychological heath facility in Eastlake and now they’re sounding off about the company seeking to transfer in.

Scripps Health first introduced its partnership and plans for the middle with Acadia Healthcare in February, however plans stayed principally off residents’ radars till just lately.

A bunch within the Rolling Hills Ranch neighborhood, which might again as much as the facility’s lot, began a petition that has garnered almost 2,500 signatures in lower than two weeks. The petition largely asks metropolis leaders to look for a special location, but it surely additionally raises huge issues over Acadia Healthcare’s fame.

“We have found a laundry list of complaints against this company,” stated native resident Bill Stellin.

An on-line search reveals articles from numerous information sources, each tv and print, citing plenty of lawsuits and authorized bother for places linked to Acadia Healthcare nationwide.

“Child endangerment, child abuse, elder abuse, child death, facility foreclosures, rape, sexual abuse, county mental health stepping in and taking their licenses away — the list goes on and on,” stated Stellin.

Acadia would personal 80 % of the Chula Vista facility and Scripps Health would personal the remaining 20 %.

FOX 5 requested Scripps Health if there was any concern over partnering with Acadia and obtained this written response from spokesperson Janice Collins:

“Before finalizing this partnership, Scripps undertook important due diligence efforts. We have concluded Acadia has the deep experience wanted on this specialised area, together with a related historical past of partnering with different organizations. And below the phrases of our partnership with Acadia, Scripps may have an energetic function in affected person security, high quality and entry.”

FOX 5 additionally reached out to Acadia, giving the company an opportunity to reply on to residents’ issues. Vice President of Marketing Ryan Beagan supplied the next written response:

“Acadia’s mission is to enhance the lives of our sufferers by means of profitable therapy and restoration. Our well being care professionals are dedicated to offering high quality care to the roughly 14,000 sufferers in our services and the roughly 58,000 sufferers who’re handled at our complete therapy facilities day by day.

To broaden our dedication to offering high quality behavioral well being providers, Acadia has entered into partnership with Scripps to construct a brand new facility in Chula Vista, CA, which we introduced in February.

The new facility will present secure, high quality care for sufferers who’re significantly underserved. Acadia and Scripps will probably be working to assist be sure that the brand new facility meets sufferers’ wants in addition to the wants of the neighborhood.”

As of Friday, the City of Chula Vista had not obtained a proper software for the facility. The metropolis informed FOX 5 every week in the past it had obtained a pre-application from Acadia Healthcare relating to the development of a 120-bed, one-story acute care psychiatric hospital.

Source link Christmas 2019

Get more stuff like this

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Get more stuff like this
in your inbox

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.